Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week Two - Twice Baked Potatoes

Happy Sunday!  It was another great day of football watching.  My Cards won, Sweetheart's Cowboys won and the Seahawks lost.  If the Bears could pull it together and beat the 49er's, life would be good.   If I sound bitter, it's because I am.  :)

Sweetheart's menu pick for this week:  Potato Skins and Hamburgers.  And chips and salsa and beer and wine of course.   

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  Sweetheart didn't want me to discard the inside of the potato so I figured this would be a good one to try.  I was surprised at how easy they were to make and just how good they were.  We both enjoyed them!

*I always modify the recipe just a little because I'm generally watching TV while I'm making the meal and I don't have time to follow a recipe to the tee.   

Twice Baked Potatoes
  • 6 red potatoes
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup fresh green onions
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil
  1. preheat oven to 360
  2. rub potato skins with olive oil and salt
  3. place in oven and bake for 1 hour
  4. after potatoes are done and out of the oven, I cooked the bacon in the oven
  5. once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each in half lengthwise.
  6. scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin rim around the potato skin. 
  7. mash the potatoes with a fork, stir in bacon bits, 1 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, onions and pepper.  
  8. spoon potato mixture back into the potato skins and return to the baking ray. 
  9. sprinkled with reserved cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese.
  10. return to over and bake until potatoes are lightly browned and heated through (about 10 minutes).





Sweetheart handled the hamburgers:  Lipton onion soup mix, salt & pepper, garlic and ground beef.  Wheat buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, mustard, pickles and of course, green chiles. 





Go CARDS!



Wishes for a happy work week!

TTFN
~Yolanda

No comments:

Post a Comment