Saturday, September 6, 2014

Touch of Fall


Sweetheart and I went on a bike ride this morning and I ran into some pinecones along the path.   I thought they would be a great addition to my self in the kitchen.   Then I thought fresh clippings would be a good too.  So when we got back from the ride I went straight into the back yard with scissors and a small basket in hand.  

The colors are perfect for my Fall shelf:



I added some to the living room table as well.   There are those dollar store pumpkins I was painting last night.  They look so much better in white:

I added some clippings to the front table too:


See how pretty the color of the clippings just blend in with the gold pumpkins?




And to my pumpkin in the hallway I added some glittered pumpkins to give it a little more color:


Those are the pumpkins as I was added color last night:



The front door also got a little bit of Fall added to it:


And I made a banner last year year to hang by the front door but all I could find was the four letters.   I used the same banner for Halloween, Valentine's day, Easter, 4th of July and Labor day.   I must have tossed it out because the actual burlap banner was nowhere to be found.  So, I just made another.  I had everything I needed:


There it is peeking out from the inside:


Simple, but I like it:




I know that it's not officially Fall until September 22nd.  But putting this stuff out just gives me a great sense of what's to come:  cooler weather, footballs, holidays, birthdays and a lot of fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment