Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Ladder Shelf

A couple of weekends ago I starting working on a project that I had in been wanting to get started on for some time.   My idea involved my ladder shelf and some black and white family photos.   I have had the shelf for many years and it had been in nearly every room in the house before ending up in the garage.   During our after-Christmas garage clean up, I decided to bring the shelf in and my project to fruition. 

I had some old black and white photos of my family but I didn't have any of Sweethearts and I really wanted to incorporate his family and mine on the shelf.   So I went on an internet hunt and low and behold I found some old photos of his family on his uncle's website!  I printed the photos (that were in color) and took them to Target to have them printed as black and white and I also had them sized to fit the frames that I already had in place.   It worked great!


click to enlarge


The first shelf has a picture of my mom and her brother, my Uncle David, in Tiger, Arizona.  Circa 1937. 

Next, I have a picture (on the left) of my great-grandfather working at a Bakery in downtown Tucson.  I'm not sure of the year.   The photo on the right is Sweetheart with his dad and two brothers.  Circa 1978. 


This one is a photo of Sweetheart in the back of an old station wagon.  Sweetheart is the baby on the right and his brothers Roberto in the middle and Mario on the left - 1973.


This is a picture of Sweetheart with his brothers and his parents:


And last, but not least, my favorite.  A picture of my dad when he was an infant and a picture of my mom and dad's wedding photo:


It took a lot of tweaking to finally get a good balance of the photos; I am happy with how it has evolved.  Sweetheart suggested I add some pictures of me and my sisters.  Which is a great idea!  Next time I'm in Tucson, I'll grab a couple.





I have another project that I'm working on for the wall on the left.   I'm working on some black and white photos of sites we've traveled to.  The ceilings are vaulted so I plan on large photos that go up to the ceiling.   That's the plan -- we'll see how it works out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment