Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Cards

What a great Thanksgiving day we had! We were fortunate enough to be able to spend time with both of our families. We spent the first half of the day in Phoenix with My Sweetheart's family then we drove 90 miles to Tucson to spend the second half of the day with my family. It was a great day!

I spend Friday relaxing. Oh, I did manage to get up at 5:30 a.m. to go 'black Friday bargain shopping'. It was a bit of a bust. I went to Target, Michael's and Kohls. I got good deals at all three places but I gave up after that. There were so many people and the checkout lines were crazy! I came home and decided to just relax the rest of the day. And that I did!

Today, I decided to get a head start on my Christmas cards. I've been sending out handmade cards for three years now. I'm getting better and better each year!

I made a quick trip to Joanne's to buy some scrap booking supplies. I started by cutting out my cards and the background piece:


Then My Sweetheart and I worked on the inside. He always helps me put together our message:


It took me about 30 minutes to cut all the separate pieces to my ornament using my Cricket Expression:


It took me about 2 hours to get everything glued on:

When I finally finished the ornament, I glued it to my card:


The end product looked pretty good:


Now all I have to do is type out my mailing labels which I will do this week. My goal is to have my cards in the mail by December 1st.

I am spending all day tomorrow putting away the Thanksgiving decor and pulling out the Christmas decor. I'm excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment