Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 7 - Buffalo Chicken Dip and BBQ Ribs

I let the slow cookers and Sweetheart do ALL the work on Sunday.   I love when you can dump all the ingredients into the slow cooker and just sit and enjoy the games.   This week I made Buffalo Chicken Dip for our snack and BBQ ribs, corn on the cob and a salad for dinner.    Although very simple, it did not disappoint.   


I took the basic recipe and dumped it all into the slow cooker:  cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Frank's red hot wings sauce, shredded chicken and ranch dressing.  Start on high for about 1/2 hour until it all starts to melt so it's easy to blend.  Reduce to low and let it cook for about 45 minutes.    I usually start us with a light snack for lunch since we have breakfast after mass and are not really hungry when lunch time rolls around.  I started this about about an hour and a half before we would be ready to start snacking on it. 

It starts out like this:


And end ups like this: 


The ribs took 7 hours to cook on high.  I followed this recipe:  



As the recipe instructed when the ribs finished cooking, I carefully removed them from the slow cooker, slathered some BBQ sauce on them and then Sweetheart put them on the grill for about 5 minutes, each side (Sweetheart also prepared the corn on the cob and cooked it on the grill).    

They REALLY did come out looking like this:



And they were sooooooo good!!  And I forgot to take a picture of them.  And by "forgot" I really mean I didn't want to get BBQ sauce all over my new iPhone.  True story.   

One of my favorite things about at-home-football Sunday is this:

We all find a spot on the sofa and fall asleep....



p.s.  if you live in Phoenix you get 1/2 off of all drinks and slushes at Sonic the day after the Cardinals win.  And you know that after every win I am there.   At first it was for the 1/2 off, because this girl likes a good deal.  Now it's because I feel as if I don't stop and get our drinks, I'll jinx the team.  Just doing my part.



Go Cardinals!

TTFN
~Yolanda 




No comments:

Post a Comment